Consul General Dirk Janssen
The consul general is the head of the consulate and represents the Kingdom of the Netherlands in the 13 westernmost states.
Born 6-6-1970 in The Hague, The Netherlands
- 1989-1995: Business Economics, Maastricht University
- 2002: Industrial Organization, post graduate, University of Amsterdam
- 2006: European Competition Law, post graduate, University of Leiden
- 2012: Strategic Management of Regulatory and Enforcement Agencies, Harvard University Kennedy School of Government
- 1995-1998: Consultant, Andersen Consulting
- 1998-2000: Policy Advisor, Ministry of Economic Affairs
- 2000-2004: Deputy Head and later Head of the Liberalization and Deregulation Program, Ministry of Economic Affairs
- 2004-2006: Member of the Management Team, Competition Department, Ministry of Economic Affairs
- 2006-2012: Deputy-director of the Netherlands Consumer Authority
- 2012-2015: Director of Policy and Communications, Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets.
- 2015-2019: Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to Panama
- 2019-2020: Renewable energy diplomat, Ministry of Economic Affairs
- 2020-present: Consul General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands for the 13 westernmost states of the US, based in San Francisco
Dirk is married to Renee van Leeuwen, together they have 2 teenage sons.
See Dirk Janssen's résumé on rijksoverheid.nl (Dutch).