Small Scale Support Program and Accountability Fund 2020
The Netherlands has a long standing tradition of supporting human rights. Our efforts reflect our conviction that observance of human rights will lead to a more stable and prosperous world. The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands has the possibility to fund small projects under different funds from the Dutch Government - Small Scale Support Program (SSSP) and Accountability Fund among others.
Through the embassies, contributions are made to strengthen the capacity of local NGOs and to implement their projects. The Embassy primarily seeks to partner with local organizations working in one of the following areas:
- Equal rights for women, focused on political participation and prevention of violence against women
- Freedom of Religion and Belief
- Equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people (LGBTI)
- Freedom of Expression
- Business and human rights (can be applied under Accountability Fund only)
Given India's vast geography, organizations operating in all the states of India can apply.
The Embassy receives a large number of project applications whereas the funds available are sufficient to support a limited number of projects. To ensure the application process is conducted in a transparent manner, a few guidelines have been laid out. Organizations applying for funding should first and foremost comply with the following criteria, namely:
- The project must aim to improve/ contribute to at least one of the abovementioned focus areas.
- The applicant must fulfil all legal obligations under Indian law (including but not limited to the regulations under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA).
- The applicant should preferably be a local organization, although Dutch and international organizations are, in principle, also eligible for funding.
- Applications can only be submitted in English, and in the format (application form) provided below. Applications which do not adhere to the word limit will not be considered.
- Please submit a clear budget proposal with breakdown alongwith the project proposal.
Projects that are not eligible for funding under the SSSP are the following:
- Humanitarian aid;
- Activities that are primarily motivated by a commercial interest;
- Projects with a predominantly academic focus, i.e. feasibility studies, research, etc.
- Projects that exclusively or largely include the delivery of goods or materials;
- Infrastructural or construction projects;
- Activities replicating the previous projects.
If your organization is working in India and provided that your project complies with the above mentioned criteria and is eligible to apply, please fill in the SSSP form.
Organizations from Nepal and Bhutan, and projects in India with a focus on lobbying & advocacy and business and human rights have to use the Accountability Form.
The Embassy will only accept proposals submitted in the forms mentioned above, which have been sent on the email ID NDE-Projects@minbuza.nl. Project proposals will be accepted till 31st January 2020 1800hrs IST at the latest. Please submit your proposals in the format mentioned above before the deadline. Kindly be aware that any requests or proposals received after the deadline will not be considered. You will receive a response from the Embassy within 8 weeks after the deadline. After having received a positive response back on your application form, you can expect to receive a grant from the Embassy SSSP or Accountability Fund.