Consulate General in Mumbai: who we are
As the Consulate General in Mumbai, we work for furthering Dutch interests in the states of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Goa. To achieve this, we actively work together with the Dutch diplomatic network in India. Our objective is to intensify the scope of interactions between India & the Netherlands from a government, business and people-to-people perspective across sectors. All our activities with India reflect our concrete focus towards achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The aim has always been to work towards co-creating ‘shared solutions to common challenges’.
The Consulate General in Mumbai has the following departments. Each team also works with the corresponding departments in the Embassy in New Delhi, Consulate General in Bengaluru and our business offices in Ahmedabad & Hyderabad.
The consular department provides a wide range of services related to the Netherlands for both Dutch and Indian nationals like the below:
- Issuance of official and travel documents for Dutch nationals who live in India, for business/other requirements
- Assistance for Dutch nationals when things go wrong abroad. This could range from emergencies, medical situations, missing person reports and assistance in case of the death of a loved one abroad
- Issuance of official documents for Indian nationals who wish to go to the Netherlands on a long term basis (MVVs) for business/travel/personal reasons
To contact this department; please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The functions under economic diplomacy are mainly associated with increasing the bilateral engagement of both countries through trade and investment related work. This broadly falls under the below categories:
- Assisting Dutch businesses who are already present in India/to foster them to establish their presence here
- Promoting economic dialogue and cooperation in the key Dutch sectors of agriculture, creative industries, water, waste to energy, ports, infrastructure and logistics, life sciences & health
- Assisting Dutch companies (small/large) to enter the Indian market through a variety of products & services
- Facilitating small & large trade missions bilaterally
- Facilitating orange carpet visa for Indian businesses to expand their network in the Netherlands
To contact this department; please email email@example.com
Public Diplomacy, Culture & Communication
The functions of this department are mainly associated with increasing the visibility of the Netherlands in India. As part of this, we take care of the following tasks:
- We organize events that promote exchanges and further cultural relations between India & the Netherlands
- We work on the outreach towards key influencers (people & organizations) that can further the bilateral ties between India and the Netherlands
- We actively communicate on the Indo-Dutch bilateral relationship through our social media channels -Facebook, Twitter & Linkedin
- We support the communication needs for the economic policy priorities for the Dutch diplomatic network in India
To contact this department; please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Innovation Attache (Netherlands Innovation Network)
The office of the Netherlands Innovation Network India in Mumbai focuses on innovation, technology and scientific collaboration between India and the Netherlands. In coordination with the innovation colleagues from Delhi and Bangalore, we facilitate B2B matchmaking, answer questions about research and development (R&D) and present opportunities for collaboration between companies, research institutes and the government. To inform the Dutch R&D community, we publish articles about developments in India and opportunities for the Dutch innovation ecosystem. We also organize seminars and workshops to bring together experts from both the countries.
Our focus areas are Water, Ports & Maritime, High-Tech Systems & Materials, Industry 4.0, . and key enabling technologies such as AI and, big-data. The Netherlands Innovation Network India reports to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO.nl) and the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs.
Innovation Attaché: Sandra Kalidien
Junior Innovation Officer: Navendu Mishra
Phone Number: +91 22 22194200
An operational unit of the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy, the NFIA is the first port of call in connecting you with a broad network of business partners, regional economic development organization and government institutions to facilitate your international expansion. Mainly associated with increasing the foreign direct investment into the Netherlands, as part of this, we take care of the following tasks:
- We assist Indian companies present in India to expand their European operations in the Netherlands.
- Provide free and confidential services which include: organizing fact-finding trips, arranging meetings with relevant partners, providing personalized guidance on tax, permit procedures, location options and business solutions.
To contact this department, please email email@example.com
You can find more information on NFIA’s website here & their Twitter channel here