Innovation and research - Türkiye
Are you interested in innovative developments and associated trends in the Netherlands? Are you interested in acquiring new international R&D contacts? The Innovation Attaché Network identifies R&D opportunities and can help establish innovative partnerships between the Netherlands and Türkiye.
Innovative focus areas
Highly innovative sectors in Türkiye are:
- High-tech systems and materials (HTSM): advanced materials, bio- and nanotechnology, human capital, smart and green transport and mobility
- Special Artificial Intelligence in Health
- Smart industry: smart factories, cybersecurity
- Circular economy: in the agri-food and textile sectors
Innovation attaché in Türkiye
The innovation attaché in Türkiye is based at the consulate-general in Istanbul and focuses on:
- linking Dutch knowledge about smart and green transport to Istanbul’s transport challenges;
- identifying developments in circular economy in Türkiye and linking these to Dutch expertise;
- organising activities in the area of nanotechnology, to investigate how Dutch and Turkish know-how in this area can be mutually supportive;
- opening up the Dutch innovation ecosystem for Turkish businesses, jointly with the NFIA.