Human rights and rule of law - Türkiye
Human rights are the cornerstone of democracies. The Netherlands works to protect and improve human rights worldwide.
Dutch human rights policy priorities:
- Freedom of expression, internet freedom and independent journalism
- Freedom of religion and belief
- Equal rights for women and girls
- Protection of human rights defenders
- Equal rights for LGBTI people worldwide
- Promotion of the international rule of law and the fight against impunity.
To this end, the Dutch embassy in Ankara and the consulate-general in Istanbul offer funding to organisations which promote human rights and the rule of law in Türkiye.