Agriculture and Food - Saudi Arabia
The agriculture team to the GCC countries
The Agricultural department for the GCC Countries:
- Provides general and policy information about the following sectors in the Netherlands:
- Nature management
- Food Quality
- Agro-industry and trade
- Veterinary, food and environment
- Science, research and knowledge transfer
- Promotes the import and export of agricultural and food products and services from and to the Netherlands. To this purpose the Agricultural Department participates in trade fairs, supplies information and addresses, organizes trade missions, seminars and conferences.
- Assists local private and public sector parties to benefit from the Dutch experience and expertise in the field of agriculture and food.
- Mediates in negotiations on trade barriers.
- Promotes education and training courses in the fields of food and agriculture.
The Agricultural department is particularly actively engaged in fisheries & fish farming, horticulture and poultry, in order to improve water use efficiency, food safety and the chain approach. On all levels of the public, private and knowledge sectors, the Agricultural department pursues cooperation between the Dutch and partners in GCC-countries, with a special emphasis on capacity-building.
Agricultural department for the GCC-countries
Questions via e-mail, please use the contact form
For more information on the work of the Dutch agricultural network in the Arab Gulf states, please visit AgroBerichtenBuitenland.nl (in Dutch)
- Mrs. Simone Landhuis, Agricultural Counsellor for the GCC
- Ms. Sophie Hollanders, Agricultural Advisor
- Mr. Ismail Adam, Policy Officer Agriculture & Food
- Mr. Jesse van der Meulen, Policy Officer Agriculture & Food
Consulate-general in Dubai:
VACANT, Agricultural Officer for the UAE