The Orange Carpet Visa Facility in Vietnam
If you are a business traveller who travels to the Netherlands frequently from Vietnam and you need a short-stay Schengen visa each time, find out if you or your employees are eligible for the Orange Carpet Visa Facility.
Due to the coronavirus, until at least 28 April 2020 you cannot apply for a visa at an embassy, consulate-general or external service provider such as VFS Global.
Orange Carpet conditions
Whether or not you can use the Orange Carpet Visa Facility depends on which country your business is based in. The Dutch embassy can tell you more about this.
The conditions for an Orange Carpet procedure also vary from country to country. You will need to show why you travel frequently for your work. The embassy decides whether you meet the local conditions.
Orange Carpet benefits
The benefits of the Orange Carpet Visa Facility vary from country to country. Here are some examples of the possible benefits:
- You will not need to show as many documents to get a visa.
- Your visa will be valid for several trips (multiple entry visa).
- Your visa will be ready for collection sooner.
- Your visa will be valid for longer.
- You only have to apply for a visa in person once every five years.
- You will not have to make an appointment to hand in your application, or there could be special opening times.
- You can go to a VIP counter.
Who can use the Orange Carpet Visa Facility?
The Orange Carpet facility is mainly for staff of companies with current or future economic interests in the Netherlands. But the same conditions and benefits can also apply to other types of organisations (cultural, scientific, government) and individual travellers.
Collect first visa in person
The first time you apply for a visa you must go to the embassy or, if relevant, the visa application office in person, so your fingerprints can be taken.
Visa through another embassy
You might need to go to the embassy of another Schengen country for a visa, for example because there is no Dutch embassy in your country. You might still be eligible for an Orange Carpet visa. But there could be fewer services available.
Orange Carpet Visa Facility in this country or region
The Embassy in Hanoi and Consulate General in HCMC can facilitate companies whose employees require business visas for the Netherlands: The Orange Carpet Visa Facility.
For participation are eligible:
- Dutch companies that have a subsidiary in Vietnam, or Vietnamese companies that have a subsidiary in the Netherlands - excluding travel agencies -, and whose employees travel frequently to the Netherlands for business purposes.
Send the information form on this website to the Embassy in Hanoi or the Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City. The Embassy and Consulate General will contact the head office of the company in Vietnam and ask for a number of company documents. After assessment, the company will be informed of the possibilities. The terms and conditions will be laid down in an exchange of letters.
Please note that, according to Schengen regulations, your main destination in Europe determines which Embassy or Consulate should issue your visa. In other words, if the Netherlands is the main destination you should apply for a visa at a Dutch Embassy or Consulate General. The visa issued will permit you to travel to all 26 Schengen countries (unless stated otherwise on the visa): Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
How to apply for a visa under the Orange Carpet Visa Facility:
The authorized representative must submit the following:
- A filled in and signed visa application form;
- A passport, valid longer than 3 months after the desired visa period, and with at least two blank pages to insert the visa sticker + copy of the personal/information page + copy of pages with (Schengen)visa;
- 2 passport size photographs (colored, and must be recent);
- A letter of the company, signed by one of the designated signatories, indicating the purpose and duration of the visit;
- Visa fee as applicable;
N.B. A processing time of a maximum of 15 calendar days should be taken into account.