Applying for a long-stay visa (MVV) for residents of Sudan

If you want to stay in the Netherlands for longer than 90 days, you may need a residence permit. In many cases you will also have to apply for a long-stay visa before you travel to the Netherlands. This visa is also called an authorisation for temporary stay (MVV).

In Sudan, you can apply for this visa at the Netherlands embassy in Khartoum.

Due to the coronavirus, until further notice, you cannot apply for a long-stay visa (MVV) at an embassy or a consulate-general.

Do I need an MVV and/or a residence permit?

You should check whether you need an MVV and/or a residence permit. This depends on things like your nationality and the purpose of your stay.

Applying for a residence permit and an MVV

You can apply for a residence permit and an MVV in two ways:

  • through a host in the Netherlands (such as an employer, family member or educational institution)
  • in person at a Dutch embassy or consulate.

If you have a host in the Netherlands, in most cases your host will have to submit the application to the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).

First check whether you need to take the civic integration examination.

What is your situation?Click '+' to make your selection

Long-stay visa for residents of this country or region

How to apply for a long-stay visa in Sudan?

Appointments for long-stay visa can be made on Thursdays and Sundays between 8.30 and 12.00 hrs.

Kindly note that MVV appointments for the Netherlands have to be made within 3 months after receiving the approval letter of the IND. The actual date of appointment and the issueing of the MVV can be after these 3 months.

Make an appointment via our online appointment system.

Check the status or your MVV application.

Check our contact page for contact details and opening times.