The Orange Carpet Visa Facility in South Africa
Applications for business visa for employees of companies that are registered for the Orange Carpet Visa Facility with the Netherlands Embassy in Pretoria.
You do not have to make an appointment to submit your application if you are applying for a business visa under the Orange Carpet Visa Facility; you can simply visit one of the visa application centres (Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg and Pretoria) any weekday (Monday to Friday, except public holidays) between 8:30 and 9:00 to submit your application. When visiting the visa application centre, please indicate that you are there to submit an Orange Carpet Visa Facility application. The visa application centre will check, on basis of your application documents (see below), whether you are applying for a business visa and are employed by a company registered under the Orange Carpet Visa Facility with the Netherlands Embassy.
Applications submitted using the Orange Carpet Visa Facility have to meet the following requirements:
- A support letter from your company, mentioning their Orange Carpet Visa Facility registration number, signed by at least one of the authorised Orange Carpet Visa Facility signatories;
- A passport, preferably with a remaining validity of at least three years and three months;
- A duly filled in visa application form;
- Health Insurance, including medical emergency evacuation cover (equivalent to a minimum of €30.000);
- One recent passport sized photograph;
- Biometrics: fingerprints of the applicant will be taken at VFS global;
- The applicable visa fee.
Immediate family members (spouse and children under 18) are eligible for the Orange Carpet Visa Facility too. In case of a spouse and/or children are accompanying the employee on their business trip, the following documents have to be attached to the applications of the spouse and/or children:
- Copy of overseas medical insurance policy, including medical emergency cover (equivalent to 30.000 euros), corresponding with the (desired) period of stay;
- In case of minor applicants (younger than 18 years), a written consent from both parents or the parents’ signatures on the application form. A copy of the parents’ passports should be included.
Please note: by participating in the Orange Carpet Visa Facility, you guarantee the return of the traveler and you are able and willing to vouch financially for all costs that might occur during or following the stay of the visa applicants in all Schengen countries, when they are traveling on a visa that has been obtained via the Orange Carpet Visa Facility.
For more information, please read our brochure located at the bottom of the page.
Orange Carpet conditions
Whether or not you can use the Orange Carpet Visa Facility depends on which country your business is based in. The Dutch embassy can tell you more about this.
The conditions for an Orange Carpet procedure also vary from country to country. You will need to show why you travel frequently for your work. The embassy decides whether you meet the local conditions.
Orange Carpet benefits
The benefits of the Orange Carpet Visa Facility vary from country to country. Here are some examples of the possible benefits:
- You will not need to show as many documents to get a visa.
- Your visa will be valid for several trips (multiple entry visa).
- Your visa will be ready for collection sooner.
- Your visa will be valid for longer.
- You only have to apply for a visa in person once every five years.
- You will not have to make an appointment to hand in your application, or there could be special opening times.
- You can go to a VIP counter.
Who can use the Orange Carpet Visa Facility?
The Orange Carpet facility is mainly for staff of companies with current or future economic interests in the Netherlands. But the same conditions and benefits can also apply to other types of organisations (cultural, scientific, government) and individual travellers.
Collect first visa in person
The first time you apply for a visa you must go to the embassy or, if relevant, the visa application office in person, so your fingerprints can be taken.
Visa through another embassy
You might need to go to the embassy of another Schengen country for a visa, for example because there is no Dutch embassy in your country. You might still be eligible for an Orange Carpet visa. But there could be fewer services available.