The Orange Carpet Visa Facility in Saudi Arabia
On 1st July 2013 the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Saudi Arabia introduced the Orange Carpet Program (OCP), which facilitates visa applications for business travelers and their accompanying spouses and children. As members of the OCP, applicants enjoy the following privileges:
ORANGE CARPET VISA FACILITY
- OCP-applicants can send their visa application in by a representative directly to VFS in Riyadh, Khobar or Jeddah and are exempt from appearing in person. HOWEVER, first time applicants, which have not given their fingerprints yet to a Schengen Embassy, have to appear in person at the VFS office. Fingerprints have to be taken every five years.
- OCP-applications have priority;
- OCP-applicants are not required to show proof of itinerary, hotel reservations, insurance or financial means, the company already provided guarantees;
- OCP-visas are issued with a validity of up to a maximum of five years with multiple entries.
Applications for Business Visa of employees of companies that are registered with the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Riyadh, as Orange Carpet Program member are eligible for the Orange Carpet facility which can be submitted at the VFS Netherlands Visa Application Centre in Riyadh, Khobar or Jeddah, without any prior appointment during the VFS application submission timings:
- Passport or official travel document and a copy of the data page (recognized by the Schengen States, issued within the previous ten years and with a validity of at least 3 months). The passport must be signed by the holder and contain at least two empty pages, specifically assigned to visa;
- One recently taken passport-sized photo (not older than 6 months, 35-40mm in width, be taken with a light blue or grey background, full face and no sunglasses (Schengen photo requirements);
- If applicable a copy of the applicant’s residence permit or other proof of legal status in country of applicant;
- Please DO NOT affix the photo on the form;
- Completed and signed Schengen application form;
- The following documents have to be submitted at the VFS counter:
- An OCP cover letter signed by the applicant’s company contact person for the OCP who guarantees that the company will cover all expenses involved and that the applicant is adequately (medically) insured during his or her visit;
- An official letter from the company (with logo) in the Netherlands indicating the purpose and the period of the visit;
- If a spouse and/or children accompany the applicant, all details should be mentioned and guaranteed in this letter as well.
- Payment Visa handling fee;
- In case a spouse and/or children are accompanying the employee on his/her business trip and are not mentioned in the OCP letter the following documents of the spouse/children have to be attached to the application:
- Copy of overseas medical insurance policy, including medical emergency evacuation cover (equivalent to 30,000 Euros), corresponding with the (desired) period of stay;
- Copy of airline reservation, hotel reservation and health insurance in case the family members are not included in the orange carpet letter that they are fully covered.
- The applicant can arrange the shipment of the passport after getting the visa by a company driver or courier company.
Please note that additional documentation is required for applicants under the age of 18:
- For children under 18 both parents must sign on both pages of the visa application form and submit signed copies of their passports or ID cards. All applications have to be made in person by the applicant (including babies and children);
- Consent from both parents to travel abroad;
- If the applicant is under custody of only one parent a certificate showing this is required. The documentation needs to be in original and issued by the legal authorities. The documentation also needs to be supported by a copy of the custodian's signed id-card or passport.
Disclaimer: Naturally the privileges under the OCP are limited by the conditions of the application submitted. The duration of the visa is limited by the duration of the passport. No rights can be derived from it. Misuse of OCP membership can lead to unconditional termination of OCP membership.
ou or your employees are eligible for the Orange Carpet Visa Facility.