Agriculture & Food
The agriculture team represents the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs for agro-food issues and works as an internmediate between the Dutch agriculture, horticulture, floriculture, food & processing industry, agri-business, fisheries, nature conservatiob organizations, agricultural research organizations and their counterparts in the GCC-countries. This region includes the countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC): Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The agriculture team to the GCC countries
The Agricultural department for the GCC Countries:
- provides general and policy information about the following sectors in the Netherlands:
- Nature management
- Food Quality
- Agro-industry and trade
- Veterinary, food and environment
- Science, research and knowledge transfer
- Promotes the import and export of agricultural and food products and services from and to the Netherlands. To this purpose the Agricultural Department participates in trade fairs, supplies information and addresses, organizes trade missions, seminars and conferences.
- Assists local private and public sector parties to benefit from the Dutch experience and expertise in the field of agriculture and food.
- Mediates in negotiations on trade barriers.
- Promotes education and training courses in the fields of food and agriculture.
The Agricultural Department is focused on sustainable solutions in agriculture in the Golf, with attention for innovative solutions and corporate social responsibility.
The Agricultural Department is particularly actively engaged in fisheries & fish farming, horticulture and poultry, in order to improve water use efficiency, food safety and the chain approach. On all levels of the public, private and knowledge sectors, the Agricultural Department pursues cooperation between the Dutch and partners in GCC-countries, with a special emphasis on capacity building.
Agricultural Department for the GCC-countries
Tel. +966 - 11 4422 320
Fax. +966 - 11 488 1552
For the Dutch agricultural network all over the world, visit:
Mr. Erik Smidt, Agricultural Counsellor for the GCC
Mr. Anas Monzer, Policy Officer Agro-Food
Ms. Sophie Hollanders, Jr. Policy Officer Agro-Food
Consulate General in Dubai:
Mrs. Samar Kadri, Agricultural Officer for the UAE