Applying for an airport transit visa in the Philippines
If you live in the Philippines and want to apply for an airport transit visa for the Netherlands, find out about the rules and how to apply.
What do I need to do?
- You must submit a passport or other travel document issued within the last 10 years. This must have at least 2 blank pages and be valid for at least another 3 months after the date of your transit through the airport in the Netherlands.
- You must submit a completed and signed Schengen visa application form. In the online form indicate ‘airport transit’ as the main purpose of your journey. Each person travelling with you on your travel document must submit their own visa form. Forms for children under the age of 18 need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Bring a photo that meets the Dutch requirements for passport photos.
- When you submit your application your fingerprints will be taken. These will be held for 5 years. Some applicants, such as children under the age of 12, do not need to have their fingerprints taken.
- You will be charged a fee for your application. If you apply through an external service provider you will also have to pay an extra fee to the provider.
You must also provide a number of documents to ensure that your application is assessed correctly.
See the airport transit checklist (PDF, 187 KB).
How much does a visa cost?
When you apply for a visa at a Dutch embassy or consulate, you must pay a fee. You can find the fee on the fees page. If you apply through an external service provider, such as a visa agency, you will have to pay an extra fee to the provider.
How long does it take?
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you intend to travel. You should apply no later than 15 working days in advance.
In most cases, you will be informed within 15 calendar days whether your application has been successful. Sometimes it can take up to 30 days if more time is needed, and up to 60 days in exceptional cases, for example if extra documents are required.
Applying for a visa in this country or region
How can I make an appointment?
The applicant has the following options:
1. For a timely appointment, make an appointment with VFS Global.
2. Contact the VFS call center at +63 916 226 3779, from Monday until Friday between 8:30 - 12:00 and 13:00 - 16:00 hours, except for public holidays.
3. Make an appointment via our online appointment system to apply at the embassy in Manila.
Applications of official and diplomatic passport holders
For Philippine diplomatic and service passport holders, travelling to the Schengen area via Schiphol, Amsterdam, the following information is important:
In accordance with immigration regulations as stated in the Dutch Aliens Act, in general, it is required for travellers with Philippine passports to apply for a visa at the Netherlands embassy, prior to arrival at Schiphol airport in the Netherlands.
Consequently, Philippine travelers holding a diplomatic or service passport who benefit from the exemption of a Schengen visa (as agreed by Philippine authorities based on the principle of reciprocity with a number of Schengen states, i.e. Sweden; Switzerland; etc.) are therefore still required to have a valid Schengen visa at the moment of entrance in the Schengen area via Schiphol Amsterdam, The Netherlands, regardless of the fact that their final destination may grant visa exemption for such Philippine diplomatic or service passport holders.
Official and diplomatic passport holders can contact VFS by visiting their web page for Official and Diplomatic Passport holders.
Keep a copy of all your documents
A visa does not automatically give you the right to enter the Schengen territory. Make sure you keep a copy of the documents you submit with your visa application, as you may be asked by migration officers to provide this information in addition to your passport, visa and medical travel insurance.
Representation of Latvia and Poland
The Netherlands embassy represents Latvia and Poland, so if your destination is one of those countries, you can also submit your short stay visa application at the VFS Global office or at the Netherlands embassy in Manilla.