Applying for a long-stay Caribbean visa in the Philippines

If you live in the Philippines and need a visa to collect your residence permit for the Caribbean parts of the Kingdom, find out about the rules and how to apply.

Due to the coronavirus, until further notice, you cannot apply for a Caribbean visa at an embassy, consulate-general or external service provider such as VFS Global. Read the Q&A Caribbean visa for more information.

What do I need to do?

You can only apply for a long-stay visa if you have also applied for a residence permit.

You must always submit your application in person. Children under the age of 18 must also apply in person.

Bring the following documents with you. For every document, you must bring the original and one photocopy with you. The embassy or consulate cannot make photocopies for you.

Application form

You must submit a completed Caribbean visa application form. You must sign the form during your appointment in the presence of a consular officer.


You must provide a passport or other travel document containing at least two blank pages. It should be valid for at least 3 month after you leave the Caribbean parts of the Kingdom.

When you submit your application, you must also submit your passport. If you need proof that your passport is being held by the embassy or consulate, bring an extra photocopy with you. The embassy or consulate will stamp the photocopy for you free of charge.

Documents for minors

If you are applying for a visa on behalf of a child under the age of 18, you must bring the child’s birth certificate and proof of identity for the child’s parent(s).

Proof of legal residence

You must be able to prove that your are legally resident in the country you are applying from. To do this, you can show your passport, residence permit or a visa.


Bring a photo that meets the Dutch requirements for passport photos.

Photocopy of letter from immigration service

Has your residence permit application been approved by the local immigration service? If so, you must submit a photocopy of the letter your sponsor received.

  • Aruba: temporary admission document (VTA)
  • Curaçao: letter of notification
  • St Maarten: landing permit
  • Bonaire, St Eustatius, Saba: authorisation for temporary stay (MVV-BES)

You should also bring any additional documents listed in the letter.

How much does a visa cost?

When you apply for a visa at a Dutch embassy or consulate, you must pay a fee. You can find the fee here. If you are applying through an external service provider, you will pay more.

How long does it take?

In most cases, you’ll be informed within 15 calendar days whether your application has been successful.

Applying for a visa in this country or region

You can schedule an appointment for your MVV application via the online appointment system of the embassy.

The process time for having your passport with MVV sticker ready for your collection is in principle 10 working days.

Passport release

There are 2 ways to have the passport back after processing:

1. Pick-up at VFS Global (not the embassy).

a. Please bring the claim stub issued on the day of application (passport will not be released without the stub).

b. If with representative, authorization letter and valid ID of the representative.

Note: Passport will not be issued without above mentioned documents.

2. Courier Service:

a. Cash on delivery (C.O.D.) via 2GO courier service.

b. Pre-paid pouch from LBC courier service. To be provided by applicant.

Exit stamp requirement for nationals of the Philippines

Once you have received your mvv, you may also need to follow a seminar and get an exit stamp from the Commission Filipinos Overseas (CFO). This is a requirement of the Philippines, not the Netherlands. After having obtained the exit stamp of the CFO, you can move abroad. You may consult the website of the CFO for further details.