Applying for a long-stay visa (MVV) for residents of Nigeria

If you want to stay in the Netherlands for longer than 90 days, you may need a residence permit. In many cases you will also have to apply for a long-stay visa before you travel to the Netherlands. This visa is also called an authorisation for temporary stay (MVV).

In Nigeria only MVV applications for children until 11 years old (only in case of adoption) can be submitted at the Netherlands consulate-general in Lagos.

For all other categories, you can submit your application at the Netherlands embassy in Benin (in French) or at the Netherlands embassy in Ghana.

You can submit a copy of your Nigerian passport, after the consular officer has signed the  copy at the embassy in Benin or the embassy in Ghana
This is to allow you to travel back to Nigeria. When your visa application has been approved, you travel back to Benin or Ghana with the original passport for the visa to be issued in it.

MVV applications for adoption

For information on how to apply for a residence permit for your adopted child, please visit the website of the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).

Applications for children until 11 years old can be submitted at the consulate-general in Lagos.

For questions and making an appointment you can send an e-mail.