Working in the Netherlands (for residents in New Zealand)

Do you currently live in New Zealand? And are you thinking about working in the Netherlands? There are several things you need to arrange.

Entry requirements (visa, work permit)

The website of the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) tells you what conditions you need to satisfy and what documents you need if you want to work in the Netherlands.

Tips and leaflets

The 'New in the Netherlands' section on gives you lots of information about living and working in the Netherlands. There you can also find leaflets for European citizens who want to relocate to the Netherlands.

Contributing to the Dutch economy, culture or science

Are you a highly skilled migrant or an investor? Or are you starting a business? If you can contribute to the Dutch economy or to Dutch culture or science, you are more likely to be admitted to the Netherlands.

Working in the Netherlands for people from this country or region

Working Holiday Program

The Working Holiday Program (WHP) enhances the cultural and social development of young people and promotes mutual understanding between the two countries. The WHP allows citizens between 18 and 30 years of age to have an extended holiday in the other country, supplemented by short term employment or study, as an incidental activity of their holidays. Find out how you can apply on the page Working Holiday Program when you are from New Zealand.