MVV for work, study, family reunification or other purpose
An authorisation for temporary stay (MVV) must be approved by the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).
An MVV application can be started up either by your sponsor in the Netherlands or by you at the embassy.
Apply for your MVV at IND
- your sponsor in the Netherlands submits a request for Admission and Residence at the IND.
- once IND informs your sponsor that your MVvV is approved you mail the approval letter to the embassy for an appointment to collect your MVV.
- at your MVV-appointment you submit the Admission and Residence- MVV Issue Form with the required documents as mentioned in the IND-letter (see also below under: Documents to bring for your MVV-appointment).
In principle your passport with MVV can then be collected after 9 days.
Apply for your MVV at the embassy in Beirut
- check out the documents required by IND for your specific purpose of stay.
- Mail the embassy for an appointment to submit your Admission and Residence-MVV Issue Form with the required documents (see also below under: Documents to bring for your MVV-appointment).
- you will get instruction to pay the MVV fee by bank transfer.
- the embassy forwards your application to IND/ the decision can take up to three months.
Documents to bring for your MVV appointment
Preparing for your appointment will ensure that you receive the best possible service:
- Admission and Residence (MVV- issue) Form
- your original passport with a colour copy
- 1 recent passport photo meeting the criteria for a Dutch passport photo (the photoshops in Mar Mitr Street behind the embassy are familiar with the Dutch criteria)
- documents for your purpose of stay (see IND website or IND approval letter)
- certificate of passing the civic integration examination abroad (for family reunification)
All applicants including minors must be present in person.
Collect your MVV
After registration of your application the embassy will send your file to the Central Service Organisation in The Hague. Your passport must stay with the file. It takes around 9 days for your MVV to be ready. Do not book your ticket before you have received your MVV.
Civic integration exam abroad
In case you need to do the civic integration examination abroad
- your referent in the Netherlands registers and pays the exam fee at the Education Executive Agency (DUO)
- you mail the embassy for an exam date
- at your exam date you come to the embassy with your original passport or identity document
- DUO will inform you of the result of the exam.
- after passing your exam you can start up the MVV application.