Accountability Fund 2019
Call for Proposals from Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan
The Netherlands Embassy in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan, Also accredited in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan, is pleased to announce a call for proposals for the Accountability Fund. The programme is open to local NGO’s in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
The objective of the Accountability Fund is to contribute to a strong and lively civil society which holds the public and private sector accountable. Activities resulting from this fund should be specifically directed towards capacity development or protecting the operating environment of local groups and communities, strengthening their ability to participate in the decision-making process.
There are no thematic restrictions so long as this policy aim is met. Activities are preferably focused on capacity development of the lobbying and advocacy skills of local organizations that target the poorest, vulnerable and excluded groups. Proposals supporting organisations working for women's rights and gender equality are especially encouraged. Service delivery cannot be financed.
The total funding available for the 2019 programme is € 150.000.
Examples of projects supported in the past include:
* building capacity of civil society at regional level through trainings and technology;
* building capacity of an NGO network to advocate corruption issues;
* rendering emergency assistance to lawyers facing legal or security threats;
* launching a coalition on women’s and children’s rights;
* enhancing more transparency of budget processes in higher education institutions;
* building capacity of civil society and local authorities to develop program budgets and implement budget advocacy;
* boosting participation of women’s organizations in decision making through social enterpreneurship.
Eligibility and project parameters
- Only locally registered Civil Society Organisations (CSO’s) from Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan are eligible for funding within the framework of this programme. Collaboration with international NGO’s is permitted if the local NGO considers this to have added value, but a local NGO should be the implementing organization.
- The project duration should be up to 12 months.
- The project budget should be € 25.000 max
- NGO’s are encouraged to unite in coalitions for a joint project, though this is not a requirement.
- Regional cross-border projects covering both focus countries are welcome.
Interested organisations are invited to submit a concept note to the Netherlands Embassy no later than Sunday 17 March 2019. The concept note should meet the following guidelines:
- Maximum 2 pages in length in English.
- Clearly states the intended outcome and outputs of the project in terms of the policy criteria.
- Contains a problem statement briefly outlining the context of the project, a Theory of Change underlying the project design, and a risk assessment.
- States an estimate of the requested budget and project timeline.
Concept notes should be e-mailed to Ms Irina Buchinskaya at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the e-mail should mention the “Accountability Fund”. Any questions may also be directed to Ms Buchinskaya.
It is the intention of the Embassy to select the winners of the call for proposals no later than Monday 15 April 2019. The winners then will be invited to develop the concept note into a complete proposal.