The Orange Carpet Visa Facility in Kenya
If you are a business traveller who travels to the Netherlands frequently from Kenya and you need a short-stay Schengen visa each time, find out if you or your employees are eligible for the Orange Carpet Visa Facility.
Due to the coronavirus, until further notice, you cannot apply for a visa at an embassy, consulate-general or external service provider such as VFS Global.
Orange Carpet conditions
Whether or not you can use the Orange Carpet Visa Facility depends on which country your business is based in. The Dutch embassy can tell you more about this.
The conditions for an Orange Carpet procedure also vary from country to country. You will need to show why you travel frequently for your work. The embassy decides whether you meet the local conditions.
Orange Carpet benefits
The benefits of the Orange Carpet Visa Facility vary from country to country. Here are some examples of the possible benefits:
- You will not need to show as many documents to get a visa.
- Your visa will be valid for several trips (multiple entry visa).
- Your visa will be ready for collection sooner.
- Your visa will be valid for longer.
- You only have to apply for a visa in person once every five years.
- You will not have to make an appointment to hand in your application, or there could be special opening times.
- You can go to a VIP counter.
Who can use the Orange Carpet Visa Facility?
The Orange Carpet facility is mainly for staff of companies with current or future economic interests in the Netherlands. But the same conditions and benefits can also apply to other types of organisations (cultural, scientific, government) and individual travellers.
Collect first visa in person
The first time you apply for a visa you must go to the embassy or, if relevant, the visa application office in person, so your fingerprints can be taken.
Visa through another embassy
You might need to go to the embassy of another Schengen country for a visa, for example because there is no Dutch embassy in your country. You might still be eligible for an Orange Carpet visa. But there could be fewer services available.
Orange Carpet Visa Facility in this country or region
Your company/organisation can apply for OCF-membership by filling in the application form, the authorised employees list and the authorised signature list and sending the required documents mentioned therein to: email@example.com. The Embassy will evaluate your application and inform you of their decision, normally within a few weeks.
How to apply for a visa under OCF:
Once your company has been accepted in the OCF-program, you can apply for a visa directly at the Embassy.
To apply for a visa at the Embassy you need to make an appointment. In case you are unable to secure an appointment slot within three business days, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist you.
The following supporting documents must be submitted with your application:
- One fully completed and signed visa application form
- One passport photo (for specifications see: instructions passport photo)
- Valid passport of the applicant
- Payment of visa fee (to be paid in Kenya shillings)
- A recommendation/support letter from your company, signed by (one of) the designated contact person(s), indicating the purpose and destination of the trip and the requested visa duration