Vacany: Chef/House Manager
The Ambassador of the Netherlands in Jordan is hiring a Chef/House Manager (F/M) for a full-time position.
Deadline for applications: 1 February, 2023
Please send your CV, a cover letter and references to email@example.com
*Starting date is planned for 1 March 2023.
The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years professional experience as Chef, House Manager at an active residence, Restaurant Manager or similar experience. She/he needs to be both a multi-tasker and a team player, have a positive attitude, and be used to a high paced environment. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Experience in and knowledge of cooking local and foreign cuisines, as well as creativity in setting up menus in a full range of dietary requirements like vegan/vegetarian and fish dishes. A fair understanding of foreign and local wines and how to pair them with dishes. Furthermore, experience in managing a household/restaurant, including the management of staff and waiters is mandatory. A valid driving license is required.
The work in this position includes evening hours and occasional weekend hours.
- Preparing and cooking meals both for informal and formal dinners;
- Coordinating and executing events at the Ambassador’s Residence such as breakfasts, luncheons, dinners, receptions, meetings, in close collaboration with Embassy staff;
- Managing storage and food wares;
- Setting up, preparing, decorating table settings, and arranging flowers for events;
- Hiring, organizing and managing waitering staff for events;
- Pairing wine with food;
- Taking care of all administration of events and dinners at the residence, including managing the budget;
- Cleaning up before and after events;
- Taking care of furniture, silverware and glassware;
- Working closely with the housekeeper, the gardening crew and Embassy property manager.
The candidate must be a Jordanian citizen, or in case of a non-Jordanian, possess a valid work permit. Full benefits are provided. Background check will be conducted.
The Ambassador of the Netherlands in Jordan provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status or sexual orientation.
- Starting date is planned for 1 March 2023.
- Please apply by 1 February 2023 with your CV, cover letter and references, to AMM-Recruiting@minbuza.nl