Supporting business in the Netherlands and Japan
Are you a Japanese businessowner looking for business possibilities in the Netherlands? Or a Dutch entrepreneur looking for opportunities in Japan? The Dutch embassy network in Japan and the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) can help you on your way.
Doing business in the Netherlands
The website Business.gov.nl is the official government website for non-Dutch speaking entrepreneurs and is specially designed to help you do business in the Netherlands and working or trade with Dutch companies.
On the website Business.gov.nl you'll find practical information on:
- Coming to the Netherlands
- Starting a business
- Taxes in the Netherlands
- Financing your business (tax schemes, subsidies, credits)
- Running your business
Information on investing in the Netherlands is available on the website of the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency (NFIA).
Doing business in Japan
The Dutch Economic Network in Japan and the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO.nl) have a strong business network and excellent connections. Find out what we can do for you:
- Find information on business opportunities and markets in Japan (in Dutch).
- Check if you can join a Dutch trade mission to Japan. You will find information on missions and events on RVO.nl - Going abroad.
- Arrange a personal interview with the economic experts in the Dutch embassy network. We know the most attractive markets, the best steps to take and where to find tailored support.
Free trade agreement between the European Union and Japan
The free trade agreement between Japan and the European Union (EU), also known as Economic Partnership Agreement or EPA, came into force in 2019. The agri-food sector is likely to benefit from lower tariffs. Manufacturers of medical devices and pharmaceuticals will be able to improve their partnerships due to a harmonisation of international standards. For more information, go to the EPA Helpdesk.
Contact the economic experts of the embassy and consulate-general:
Netherlands Embassy in Tokyo
Consulate-general in Osaka