OPEN CALL: Contribution Proposals for Cultural Projects
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Japan is now accepting contribution proposals for activities by cultural organisations in Japan collaborating with or programming artists and designers from the Netherlands, and proposals by artists and designers in the Netherlands who are collaborating with cultural organisations in Japan.
Projects from all cultural disciplines are welcome, but projects in the field of creative industries, performing arts and heritage in particular are highly encouraged.
Find out if you are eligible and how to apply below.
Eligibility for Project Submission
• Funding flooring is €1.000 (¥137,552) and ceiling is €7.500 (¥1,031,637) (a total of €35.000 (¥4,814,305) is made available in this open call, a fixed corporate rate for 2023 is applied.)
• Contributions from the Dutch Embassy will not exceed 50% of the total costs of the proposed activity.
• Purely commercial activities are not eligible for funding.
• The activity starts in 2023 and has yet to take place.
• Activity takes place in Japan.
• Applicants based in the Netherlands must have a partner organisation in Japan.
• give creative and cultural professionals from the Netherlands exposure to Japanese audiences and aid the careers of these artists and creatives in Japan;
• stimulate Dutch-Japan reciprocal cultural exchange between artists and creatives in Japan and the Netherlands and cultural institutions in both countries;
• contribute to collaborations in the field of cultural heritage; this can be heritage that is connected to the historical exchange between the two countries, but also heritage collaboration on shared subjects between (heritage) professionals in Japan and the Netherlands
Submit the complete application in one email to TOK-ICB@minbuza.nl no later than Wednesday 22 February 2023, 23:59 JST.
• Indicate the name of the organization and project title in the subject of the email.
• Each application should consist of:
• Project Application Form (in English)
• Project Budget estimation (in English)
• If available: Images that support the application compiled in one PDF file.
You can download the templates for the application form and budget estimation at the bottom of this page.
For questions please contact: TOK-ICB@minbuza.nl