Applying for a long-stay Caribbean visa in India
If you live in India and need a visa to collect your residence permit for the Caribbean parts of the Kingdom, find out about the rules and how to apply.
Due to the coronavirus, the possibilities to apply for an MVV at an embassy or consulate general are limited. Please check if you make an appointment via the online appointment system. Are there no dates available? Then it is not yet possible to submit an application.
What do I need to do?
You can only apply for a long-stay visa if you have also applied for a residence permit.
You must always submit your application in person. Children under the age of 18 must also apply in person.
Bring the following documents with you. For every document, you must bring the original and one photocopy with you. The embassy or consulate cannot make photocopies for you.
You must submit a completed Caribbean visa application form. You must sign the form during your appointment in the presence of a consular officer.
You must provide a passport or other travel document containing at least two blank pages. It should be valid for at least 3 month after you leave the Caribbean parts of the Kingdom.
When you submit your application, you must also submit your passport. If you need proof that your passport is being held by the embassy or consulate, bring an extra photocopy with you. The embassy or consulate will stamp the photocopy for you free of charge.
Documents for minors
If you are applying for a visa on behalf of a child under the age of 18, you must bring the child’s birth certificate and proof of identity for the child’s parent(s).
Proof of legal residence
You must be able to prove that your are legally resident in the country you are applying from. To do this, you can show your passport, residence permit or a visa.
Bring a photo that meets the Dutch requirements for passport photos.
Photocopy of letter from immigration service
Has your residence permit application been approved by the local immigration service? If so, you must submit a photocopy of the letter your sponsor received.
- Aruba: temporary admission document (VTA)
- Curaçao: letter of notification
- St Maarten: landing permit
- Bonaire, St Eustatius, Saba: authorisation for temporary stay (MVV-BES)
You should also bring any additional documents listed in the letter.
How much does a visa cost?
When you apply for a visa at a Dutch embassy or consulate, you must pay a fee. You can find the fee here. If you are applying through an external service provider, you will pay more.
How long does it take?
In most cases, you’ll be informed within 15 calendar days whether your application has been successful.
Applying for a visa in this country or region
Application procedure for long-stay Caribbean visa in India
Long-stay Caribbean applications from India and Nepal can be submitted at the Netherlands embassy in New Delhi or the consulate-general in Mumbai.
You can make an appointment via the online appointment system.
In India the processing time of long-stay Caribbean visa is the standard 15 calendar days (=10 working days).
This means that if you want to pick up your passport in person, your can pick it up 15 calendar days after you have submitted your application at the embassy in New Delhi or at the consulate-general in Mumbai.
You can pick up your document at the embassy or consulate-general on the following days and times:
- Monday until Thursday between 15.00 and 16.00 hours.
- Friday between 13.00 and 14.00 hours.
You do not need to make an appointment. However, before you come please check our closing days.
Have your MVV delivered by courier
If you live in India, you can have your passport with MVV sent to you by courier (DTDC) or by registered post. How can you arrange this?
- Call the DTDC courier service on +91 97 1100 1980 (Monday - Saturday between 10.00 - 17.00 hrs.);
- If the courier service is available at your address, then DTDC will ask you to make an online payment of INR 700;
- You will receive an airway bill number (AWB) via text message as soon as the payment has been made.
- Write this AWB number down; you will need it at the time of application;
- Print and fill the disclaimer form and add it to your visa file;
- Submit your application at the embassy in New Delhi or at the consulate-general in Mumbai and ask for a DTDC envelope. Write your address, passport number and AWB number on it in BLOCK LETTERS;
- This envelope will be used to return your passport to the address mentioned on the envelope.
Authorise someone else to pick up your MVV
You can authorise someone else to pick up your passport with the MVV sticker. The person who picks up the passport needs the following documents:
- the original receipt handed to the applicant at the moment of application
- authorisation letter stating the full name of the representative, duly signed by the applicant
- valid photo identity proof of the representative (like passport or driving license)