Development cooperation: the Netherlands and Gambia
The Netherlands is your partner in development cooperation.
Dutch development cooperation policy
The Netherlands' approach to development cooperation is all about people's rights and opportunities. Everyone should be able to stand on their own feet and have opportunities to develop successful lives. The Netherlands also wants governments in developing countries to provide stability and protect their population.
The Dutch government's three ambitions for development cooperation are:
- eradicating extreme poverty in a single generation
- promoting sustainable, inclusive growth that also benefits the poorest and most vulnerable populations around the world
- enabling Dutch companies to succeed abroad.
Doing what the Netherlands is good at
To achieve results the Netherlands invests in the themes where its expertise lies:
- legal order
- water management
- food and agriculture
- sexual and reproductive health and rights (working towards healthy and wanted pregnancies, safe childbirth and free choice of partner).
Within these themes, particular attention is paid to women's rights, climate change and promoting entrepreneurship.
Aid, trade and investment
Where possible the Netherlands links aid to trade. This contributes to sustainable economic growth worldwide, which benefits people in developing countries – including the poorest and most vulnerable groups in society. And it also provides opportunities for Dutch businesses.
The Netherlands' activities focus on:
- more and better access to international markets
- strengthening the private sector in low- and lower middle-income countries
- promoting trade and investment
- fair taxation
- making production and marketing chains more sustainable.
Development cooperation: the Netherlands and your country or region
Human Rights Program
The Netherlands are committed to protecting and promoting human rights around the world. Through the Human Rights Program, the Dutch Embassy in Dakar can support projects that contribute to this goal in the following countries:
For more information: the Human Rights Program.
Please contact the embassy to receive an application form to formulate the request and a budget format for the detailed budget. Applications must be submitted by email to the following address: DAK-PR@minbuza.nl.
Small projects Program
Through this program, the Embassy of the Netherlands in Dakar provides financial support to activities with the theme: “Raising awareness about combating climate change”.
This program offers the possibility to fund projects in the following countries:
- The Senegal
- The Gambia
The following countries are also eligible: Guinea Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Cabo Verde and Mauritania.
For more information, please have a look on the Small projects Program.
Please contact the embassy by sending an e-mail to DAK-PR@minbuza.nl to receive a digital application form to formulate the request and a budget format for the detailed budget. Applications must be submitted by email to the following address: DAK-PR@minbuza.nl.
- November 1 - December 31: Submission of funding requests
- January 1 - February 28: Project selection procedure
- March 1 - March 15: Email to submitting organizations with answer to their request
Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
37, rue Jacques Bugnicourt
B.P. 3262 Dakar
Tél. : (221) 33 829 21 21