The Orange Carpet Visa Facility in Ethiopia
If you are a business traveller who travels to the Netherlands frequently from Ethiopia and you need a short-stay Schengen visa each time, find out if you or your employees are eligible for the Orange Carpet Visa Facility.
Orange Carpet conditions
Whether or not you can use the Orange Carpet Visa Facility depends on which country your business is based in. The Dutch embassy can tell you more about this.
The conditions for an Orange Carpet procedure also vary from country to country. You will need to show why you travel frequently for your work. The embassy decides whether you meet the local conditions.
Orange Carpet benefits
The benefits of the Orange Carpet Visa Facility vary from country to country. Here are some examples of the possible benefits:
- You will not need to show as many documents to get a visa.
- Your visa will be valid for several trips (multiple entry visa).
- Your visa will be ready for collection sooner.
- Your visa will be valid for longer.
- You only have to apply for a visa in person once every five years.
- You will not have to make an appointment to hand in your application, or there could be special opening times.
- You can go to a VIP counter.
Who can use the Orange Carpet Visa Facility?
The Orange Carpet facility is mainly for staff of companies with current or future economic interests in the Netherlands. But the same conditions and benefits can also apply to other types of organisations (cultural, scientific, government) and individual travellers.
Collect first visa in person
The first time you apply for a visa you must go to the embassy or, if relevant, the visa application office in person, so your fingerprints can be taken.
Visa through another embassy
You might need to go to the embassy of another Schengen country for a visa, for example because there is no Dutch embassy in your country. You might still be eligible for an Orange Carpet visa. But there could be fewer services available.
Orange Carpet Visa Facility in this country or region
ORANGE CARPET VISA FACILITY
The Embassy of The Netherlands in Addis Abeba can facilitate companies whose employees require business visas to travel to the Netherlands: The Orange Carpet Visa Facility (OCVF).
Employees of registered companies can apply in an easier way:
- The applicant does not have to apply for a visa in person
- Exemption from carrying a confirmed flight reservation, insurance, hotel reservation or proof of financial means
- The applicant will be granted a visa with a validity ranging between 6 months to 3 years.
- No prior appointment is desired.
The following are eligible for participation:
- Dutch companies that have a subsidiary in Ethiopia or vice versa and whose employees travel frequently to The Netherlands for business purposes
- An Ethiopian company having a long term business relationship with a company in The Netherlands.
- By filling up the preliminary form and sending it to the consular department by email to:
The request should contain information about the company in Ethiopia, the partner company in The Netherlands and the branch of activity.
- If the company qualifies, the management of the company will receive a letter in which the company is requested to designate one-three persons of the company who have the authorization to sign recommendation letters. All visa applications which contain a letter signed by one of these designated signatories will get the Orange Carpet Visa Facility (OCVF) treatment.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A VISA UNDER OCVF:
- Walk in or by appointment during consular opening hours from Monday – Friday between 0830 – 1100 hrs. The authorised representative must submit the following:
- A filled in and signed visa application form
- A passport valid longer than 3 months after the desired visa period and with at least two blank pages to insert the visa sticker
- 2 passport size photographs (recent & coloured)
- A letter of the company, signed by one of the designated signatories
- Visa fee as applicable
The representative of your company can deliver the visa applications upon making an appointment at the embassy only if the applicants are in possession of a Schengen visa delivered by our Embassy after 2013.
OCVF DOES NOT COVER:
- If a person desires to stay longer than 90 days (long stay visa) within the Schengen area or The Netherlands for business purposes, the short term visa is not valid. For this purpose one has to apply for a permit for provisional sojourn (or MVV), which will be processed through the Embassy, but decided upon by the Immigration and Naturalisation Services (IND) of the Ministry of Security and Justice in The Netherlands.
For more details pertaining to the MVV procedures please visit the website of the Ministry of Security and Justice www.ind.nl
- The Orange Carpet Visa Facility does not cover family members or travellers accompanying the employee for tourism or other purposes; however the application with all the required documents for regular travelers can be submitted at the same time .