Culture | OPEN Call for Proposals
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Egypt is now accepting proposals from organizations working in the field of culture and development in Egypt.
The aim of the open call is to give arts and culture the support it needs to play a more active role as vehicles for social and cultural development. Submitted projects should contribute to fulfilling one or more of the following objectives:
• Harnessing the power of the cultural sector and creative industries in socially engaged efforts to achieve sustainable development goals*.
• Supporting the Egyptian cultural scene and empowering cultural actors and organizations.
• Promoting sustainable preservation of tangible and intangible heritage.
• Fostering partnerships with the Dutch cultural sector.
Eligibility for Project Submission
The open call supports projects in the fields of Cultural Heritage, Design, Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Music, Film, and Literature. Interdisciplinary projects are highly encouraged.
• Funding flooring is €100,000 and ceiling is €300,000.
• Projects start date should be in 2022 and project duration should range from two to three years.
• Having a Dutch component to the project is a plus.
• Only legal registered organizations are allowed to apply.
• A maximum of two applications per organization is allowed.
Submit the complete application in one email to Kai-Culture@minbuza.nl no later than March 31, 2022.
• Indicate the name of the organization and project title in the subject of the email.
• Each application should consist of:
• Project Proposal (in English).
• Project Budget (in EGP).
• Images that support the application compiled in one PDF file.
You can find the forms on this page.
Considering the wide array of disciplines falling under the cultural and creative sector, projects selection will be strategically made based on quality, innovation, social relevance, efficiency, and developmental impact.
• Priority will be given to projects with long term impact which deploy culture as means for social development.
• Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within two months from closing date of the Open Call.
• Additional supporting documents will be requested from selected applicants upon agreement on final project design and details.
For questions please contact Dina Hafez, Policy Officer for Culture and Development, on firstname.lastname@example.org or Kai-Culture@minbuza.nl
*For more information on about the SDGs can be found here THE 17 GOALS | Sustainable Development (un.org).
*For more information on the connection between the SDGs and the cultural and creative sector, please visit http://www.unesco.org/culture/flipbook/culture-2030/en/Brochure-UNESCO-Culture-SDGs-EN2.pdf
* To learn more about operationalizing SDGs, please check Culture 2030 Indicators- UNESCO, 2019 https://unesdoc.unesco.org/ark:/48223/pf0000371562.