Applying for a long-stay visa (MVV) for residents of Denmark

If you want to stay in the Netherlands for longer than 90 days, you may need a residence permit. In many cases you will also have to apply for a long-stay visa before you travel to the Netherlands. This visa is also called an authorisation for temporary stay (MVV).

In Denmark, you can apply for this visa at the Netherlands embassy in Copenhagen.

Due to the corona virus, until further notice, you cannot apply for an long-term visa (MVV) at most embassies and consulates-general. In the text above you can see whether it is possible to apply. You will also see as of which date it will be possible. Don't see a start date? In that case, it isn't possible yet to apply for a long-term visa.

Do I need an MVV and/or a residence permit?

You should check whether you need an MVV and/or a residence permit. This depends on things like your nationality and the purpose of your stay.

Applying for a residence permit and an MVV

You can apply for a residence permit and an MVV in two ways:

  • through a host in the Netherlands (such as an employer, family member or educational institution)
  • in person at a Dutch embassy or consulate.

If you have a host in the Netherlands, in most cases your host will have to submit the application to the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).

First check whether you need to take the civic integration examination.

What is your situation?Click '+' to make your selection

Long-stay visa for residents of this country or region

How to apply for a MVV application in Denmark?

If you want to apply for a long-stay visa (MVV) you will need to make an appointment via the online appointment system.

Check the status of your MVV application.