Applying for a long-stay visa (MVV) for residents of Cuba

If you want to stay in the Netherlands for longer than 90 days, you may need a residence permit. In many cases you will also have to apply for a long-stay visa before you travel to the Netherlands. This visa is also called an authorisation for temporary stay (MVV).

In Cuba, you can apply for this visa at the Netherlands embassy in Havana.

Do I need an MVV and/or a residence permit?

You should check whether you need an MVV and/or a residence permit. This depends on things like your nationality and the purpose of your stay.

Applying for a residence permit and an MVV

You can apply for a residence permit and an MVV in two ways:

  • through a host in the Netherlands (such as an employer, family member or educational institution)
  • in person at a Dutch embassy or consulate.

If you have a host in the Netherlands, in most cases your host will have to submit the application to the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).

First check whether you need to take the civic integration examination.

What is your situation?Click '+' to make your selection

Long-stay visa for residents of this country or region

You can make an online appointment to apply for your visa at the Netherlands embassy in Havana.

Point of attention regarding visa appointments

At the moment it is very busy with Schengen and airport transit visa applications at the Netherlands embassy in Havana. Therefore it might be possible that you aren't able to book an appointment.

Unfortunately the embassy doesn't have the capacity to facilitate any other visa appointments besides the ones that are available via the online appointment system. We therefore advise you to check the appointment system on a regular basis as sometimes appointments are being cancelled and these timeslots will then become available for others.