Peace and justice: the Netherlands and Côte d'Ivoire
The Netherlands is your partner in peace and justice.
International legal order
International law creates a level playing field, and lays down clear, predictable rules that apply equally to all. A functioning international legal order is in the interests of all countries.
Legal capital of the world
The Hague is known as the legal capital of the world. The Peace Palace is a symbol of this role.
Some 160 international organisations have offices in and around The Hague, including:
- the International Court of Justice
- the Permanent Court of Arbitration
- the International Criminal Court
- the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia
- the Special Court for Sierra Leone
- the Special Tribunal for Lebanon
Peace and justice: the Netherlands and your country or region
For more information on this topic, contact the embassy or consulate.