Honorary Consuls in Australia

Honorary consuls

Frank Weits, honorary consul in Adelaide (speaks Dutch and English)

Peter Sypkes, honorary consul in Hobart

Richard Mendelsohn, honorary consul in Melbourne (speaks Dutch and English)

Anthony Willinge, honorary consul in Perth 

Marjon Wind, honorary consul in Brisbane (speaks Dutch and English)

Stan Joyce, honorary consul in Port Moresby (Papua New Guinea)

Services by honorary consuls

The honorary consul can assist during an emergency. In addition, the honorary consul focuses on trade development. For more information on trade development please email syd-ez@minbuza.nl.

In case of a consular emergency, for example a lost passport, you can call 24 hours per day, 7 days a week +61 2 83056800 ( follow prompts for Consular Department, local tariff).

For visa and passport applications and consular declarations, you can make an appointment at the consulate-general in Sydney.

For general consular enquiries, please fill in this contact form.

In case of a consular emergency the honorary consul can assist in certain circumstances. For example if you lose your passport or have been involved in an accident and are in hospital, or in case of a death or a missing person or other calamities. Each case is individually assessed in consultation with the consulate-general in Sydney.

Honorary consuls in Australia can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via telephone nr  02 83056800 / +61 2 83056800.

Lost or stolen passport:

If your passport is lost or stolen, you can request a ‘laissez-passer’ by phone on 02 83056800 / +61 2 83056800.

Your request for a laissez-passer will be processed immediately. The honorary consul will contact you and, in case you are eligible, provide you with a laissez-passer. The release of a laissez-passer takes 1 to 2 days. Please check with your airline whether you are allowed to board with a Dutch laissez-passer.

It is also possible to request a new passport at the consulate-general in Sydney via an emergency procedure. This takes 8 to 10 days and you have to do the request in person. Your new passport will be valid for 10 years.

Remaining civil affairs:

Since the honorary consuls merely provide ‘laissez-passers’, you can contact the Embassy in Canberra or the consulate-general in Sydney for any remaining civil affairs services. However, often a ‘justice of the peace’ or ‘notary public’ in your area may provide the requested service.