Coming to the Netherlands as a spouse or partner

If your partner or spouse lives in the Netherlands and has Dutch nationality or a residence permit you can – under certain conditions – join them in the Netherlands. Visit the website of the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) to find out what you need to do.

Joining your spouse or partner in the Netherlands

Whether you can get a residence permit in the Netherlands depends on your situation. The Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) is responsible for issuing residence permits.

Visit for information on whether you may eligible to be able to join your partner in the Netherlands. The website explains what you need to arrange abroad, and what your spouse or partner has to arrange for you in the Netherlands.