Legalisation of foreign documents for use in the Netherlands

It is almost always possible to have a foreign document legalised. This is usually done in the country where the document originates. After legalisation, you can use your document in the Netherlands or at a Dutch embassy or consulate.

First, select the country or region where your document was issued to find out how you can have it legalised there.

In certain cases, the Consular Service Centre can legalise a document for you or have it legalised on your behalf.

You can use documents issued by countries or municipalities that are part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands anywhere in the Kingdom without legalization.

Select country or region that issued the document

Search for a country