Call for applications Human Rights Funds 2022
DUTCH HUMAN RIGHTS FUND 2022
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Budapest has opened its annual call for applications of the Human Rights Fund.
About the Human Rights Fund 2022
The Human Rights Fund (HRF) is a tool of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands to support activities of civil society around the world with the goal of achieving tangible results in the promotion and protection of human rights.
The HRF is meant to support activities in line with the five priorities of the Dutch human rights policy worldwide:
- Supporting human rights defenders;
- Freedom of expression, freedom of information and internet freedom, including media & journalism;
- Equal rights for LGBTI;
- Equal rights for women and girls;
- Freedom of Religion and Belief.
Project proposals need to meet the following criteria in order to be considered:
- Focus should be on at least one of the priority areas of the Dutch human rights policy mentioned above.
- The proposal should include clear and feasible goals and durable expected results.
- The project must start in 2022 and finish not later than 2024.
- If an organisation has been supported in previous years, projects should have been finished in a satisfactory manner before the start of a new project.
- Please note that a financial contribution via the Human Rights Fund will not exceed 10.000 EUR per project in order to support a wide range of organisations.
- Proposals must be submitted through a standard application form which is attached to this call.
- Project proposals must be concise. Forms longer than 4 pages in total will not be taken into consideration.
- Please do not send any attachments supporting your application as they will not be taken into consideration.
- The deadline for submitting projects is 28 February 2022.
- Project proposals must be submitted to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Budapest, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only proposals sent to this email address will be taken into consideration.
- Subject of the e-mail should be “Application Human Rights Fund 2022”.
Due to the limited funding available, meeting all criteria does not automatically mean approval. Project proposals received will be subjected to a competitive selection procedure. In assessing the proposals the Embassy will inter alia take the following factors into account:
- Relevance of the project to the objectives of the Netherlands and to the Hungarian context;
- The expected sustainable and tangible impact;
- Balance between the scope of the project activities and proposed budget;
- Past performance;
- Joint applications are welcomed.
The Embassy will assess all received proposals and inform applicants accordingly no later than 31 March 2022. A personal or telephone meeting could be part of the selection procedure. After the final decision, organisations whose proposals have been approved will receive a grant decision. At that time they will be informed about the reporting requirements.
In case of questions, please contact the Embassy through email@example.com.
You can download the application form following this link.