Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Where can I apply for an MVV visa?
A: Check with IND website https://ind.nl/en/Pages/default.aspx
- Q: I have received an approval from the IND, where can I pick up my visa sticker?
A: You have to apply in person for the MVV visa sticker at our counter at the NL embassy in Jakarta.
- Q: How can I schedule an appointment for my MVV visa?
A: Schedule your appointment via: bit.ly/appointmentnl
- Q: Is the embassy open during PPKM and do I need to bring extra documents?
A: The embassy is open during PPKM. When you schedule your appointment you will receive a confirmation with the information which documents are required for the application and measures taken by the embassy.
- Q: Do I have to be vaccinated when I have a MVV visa to enter the Netherlands?
A: You do not have to be vaccinated to enter the Netherlands with an MVV visa.
- Q: Can I be vaccinated in the Netherlands with my MVV visa / Residence Permit?
A: Yes, for more information check the Dutch Vaccination Program: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/dutch-vaccination-programme
- Q: I cannot schedule an appointment, there is no spot left?
A: We have only limited spots available per day due to COViD and the current PPKM. We advise you to try again regularly. In case of cancelations new spots become available.
- Q: Is there a VIP / Premium service?
A: No, we do not offer VIP / Premium service treatment.
- Q: Can I schedule an appointment for multiple persons?
A: No, this is not possible. We handle only one person per appointment.
- Q: Can others (parents/siblings/friends) apply for their short-term visa at the embassy?
A: No, it is only possible to apply for a short-term visa at VFS Global and wait until their offices reopens.
- Q: Can I legalize my documents when applying for my MVV visa?
A: Yes, this is allowed. The other way around however, when you legalize your documents you may NOT apply for your MVV visa application. You will have to reschedule to a later date.
- Q: Can I use another slot (legalization or passport) to schedule my MVV visa appointment?
A: No, this is not allowed. We will not take in your application and you will have to reschedule your appointment.
- Q: How do I cancel or reschedule my current appointment
A: You can cancel or reschedule via bit.ly/appointmentnl and by choosing cancel or reschedule. By doing so you create a new spot for others to have the opportunity to schedule an appointment.
Q: I am a minor (<18) am I allowed to apply by myself?
A: No, if you are a minor both parents should be present at the application and present their ID.
Q: What if my parent(s) is/are not able to appear in person with me at the MVV visa application?
A: If your parent(s) cannot appear in person, you must submit a statement of consent from the parents drawn up by a civil-law notary.
Q: Can others join me to the embassy when I apply for my MVV visa?
A: No, only the applicant may be present in the waiting room. In the case of minors, only both parents may also be present.