Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Where can I apply for an MVV visa?
A: Check with IND website https://ind.nl/en/Pages/default.aspx
- Q: I have received an approval from the IND, where can I pick up my visa sticker?
A: You have to apply in person for the MVV visa sticker at our counter at the NL embassy in Jakarta.
- Q: How can I schedule an appointment for my MVV visa?
A: Schedule your appointment via: bit.ly/appointmentnl
- Q: Is the embassy open during PPKM and do I need to bring extra documents?
A: The embassy is open during PPKM. When you schedule your appointment you will receive a confirmation with the information which documents are required for the application and measures taken by the embassy.
- Q: Do I have to be vaccinated when I have a MVV visa to enter the Netherlands?
A: You do not have to be vaccinated to enter the Netherlands with an MVV visa.
- Q: Can I be vaccinated in the Netherlands with my MVV visa / Residence Permit?
A: Yes, for more information check the Dutch Vaccination Program: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/dutch-vaccination-programme
- Q: I cannot schedule an appointment, there is no spot left?
A: We have only limited spots available per day due to COViD and the current PPKM. We advise you to try again regularly. In case of cancelations new spots become available.
- Q: Is there a VIP / Premium service?
A: No, we do not offer VIP / Premium service treatment.
- Q: Can I schedule an appointment for multiple persons?
A: No, this is not possible. We handle only one person per appointment.
- Q: Can others (parents/siblings/friends) apply for their short-term visa at the embassy?
A: No, it is only possible to apply for a short-term visa at VFS Global and wait until their offices reopens.
- Q: Can I legalize my documents when applying for my MVV visa?
A: Yes, this is allowed (if already legalized at Kementerian Hukum HAM and Kementerian Luar Negeri). The other way around however, when you legalize your documents you may NOT apply for your MVV visa application. You will have to reschedule to a later date.
- Q: Can I legalize my laminated documents?
A: No, unfortunately our legalization does not attach to laminated documents. We only accept documents without lamination.
- Q: Can I use another slot (legalization or passport) to schedule my MVV visa appointment?
A: No, this is not allowed. We will not take in your application and you will have to reschedule your appointment.
- Q: How do I cancel or reschedule my current appointment
A: You can cancel or reschedule via bit.ly/appointmentnl and by choosing cancel or reschedule. By doing so you create a new spot for others to have the opportunity to schedule an appointment.
Q: I am a minor (<18) am I allowed to apply by myself?
A: No, if you are a minor both parents should be present at the application and present their ID.
Q: What if my parent(s) is/are not able to appear in person with me at the MVV visa application?
A: If your parent(s) cannot appear in person, you must submit a statement of consent from the parents drawn up by a civil-law notary.
Q: Can others join me to the embassy when I apply for my MVV visa?
A: No, only the applicant may be present in the waiting room. In the case of minors, only both parents may also be present.
- Q: Are there other requirements for my trip or upon arrival in the Netherlands?
A: Yes, please do the travel check to travel well prepared. Quarantine Travelcheck COVID-19 | Rijksoverheid.nl