Additional travel restrictions for the Netherlands
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the travel advice for the United Arab Emirates (UAE), as issued by the ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is (and has been for some time now) currently code orange. This means that people are advised only to travel to the UAE when absolutely necessary.
- The Dutch government has decided to take additional measures to prevent the further spread of new COVID-variants. These measures will take effect on Saturday 23 January 2021, 00.01 hrs.
- Amongst other things, this means that as of this date, people traveling to the Netherlands not only need a negative result of a PCR-test taken within 72 hours before arrival in the Netherlands, but now also need a negative result of a so called antigen rapid test, or LAMP (loop mediated isothermal amplification) test taken within 4 hours before departure to the Netherlands.
- Upon arrival in the Netherlands, people are required to self-quarantine.
- The necessary antigen rapid tests or Lamp tests are currently not available in the UAE. This means that direct travel to the Netherlands from the UAE is no longer possible from Saturday 23 January 2021, 00.01 hrs.
- Dutch nationals are advised to leave for the Netherlands by Friday 22 January 2021 or to look at possible alternative travel routes to the Netherlands. If this is not possible you are advised to find safe accommodation in the UAE.
- Dutch nationals can register themselves with the Dutch Consulate General in Dubai. This can be done via Informatieservice Buitenlandse Zaken (nederlandwereldwijd.nl).The Consulate General will inform you as soon as the requested rapid tests are available or when the entry restrictions for the Netherlands have been adjusted in such a way that a rapid test is no longer necessary.
- Dutch nationals who have to travel to the Netherlands due to an emergency situation and who cannot submit a negative PCR and rapid test in time, can report to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in The Hague, the Netherlands: Telephone: +31 247 247 247, WhatsApp: +31 682 38 77 96 or Twitter via @247BZ. If you are in the UAE and have a local phone number, you can call the Consulate General: +971 4 440 7600 (local rate).