Vacancy: Junior Innovation Officer at the Consulate General in Mumbai
The Netherlands Innovation Network India is looking for a Junior Innovation Officer at the Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Mumbai.
General job description
The Netherlands is a world leader in science, technology and innovation, ranks high in the global competitiveness index and has the ambition to be a top-5 global knowledge economy. To ensure and foster its global position as an innovation leader and to strengthen its global competitiveness, the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs & Climate Policy has established the Netherlands Innovation Network: a global Network for Innovation, Science and Technology, located in Dutch Embassies and Consulates-General in over 15 countries world-wide.
The Netherlands Innovation Network stimulates international cooperation between companies, research institutes and public authorities in the fields of innovation, technology and science. The network's activities help implement the international knowledge and innovation agenda of the Dutch government. We address national and global challenges, aiming to further develop key enabling technologies through international cooperation and a worldwide network of offices.
We develop international cooperation by:
- providing knowledge and information on the latest innovation, technology and science developments around the world
- connecting to potential partners abroad
- organizing innovation missions, seminars, workshops and matchmaking events abroad
- identifying funding mechanisms for bi- and multilateral cooperation
We look forward to the opportunity to help Indian stakeholders become involved in sustainable innovation partnerships, so we can together advance our common innovation, technology and science ambitions.
The Junior Innovation Officer will join the existing Netherlands Innovation Network team in India, a team of five, who work from offices in Delhi, Mumbai & Bangalore. The sectors of strategic importance for India include High-Tech Systems & IT, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Agri-Tech and Water. In addition focus areas at the Consulate-General Mumbai include; urban development, Smart cities, and Industry 4.0.
Duties and Activities
Organisation of Incoming/Outgoing Missions
- Plan and organize incoming and outgoing missions in specific sectors
- Take care of all logistics aspects (accommodation, transportations, social events)
- Collaborate with Indian and Dutch stakeholders involved in the organisation (internal as well as external)
- Provide administrative support regarding CRM, archiving and financial matters
- Any further assistance to the Innovation Attaché & the team in India
- Contribute to joint activities within the Netherlands Innovation Network
- Collaborate with other departments within the Economic Cluster of the Consulate and TNI on joint projects and activities
- Transfer trade and Investment leads to the relevant departments
Development of R&D collaborations
- Promote and stimulate bilateral R&D cooperation in the sectors listed above
- Assist Dutch organizations such as the government, industry and academia in finding an innovation and R&D partner in (South) of India
Market research and reporting
- Market research: pro-actively scan relevant media and publications, and visit events and fairs in order to obtain information on the latest interesting innovation-related developments; research and analyse developments in various technological and R&D sectors in India
- Reporting: present obtained information both for internal and for external use
Knowledge acquisition/ Knowledge transfer
- Addressing questions raised by the industry and knowledge institutes
- Addressing requests for information raised by public authorities
- Organize seminars/workshops
The Junior Innovation Officer will be based at the Consulate General of the Kingdom of The Netherlands in Mumbai and work closely together with the economic cluster within the Trade Network India (TNI) such as the Trade & Commercial Section, the Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency (NFIA) and the Agriculture team. All staff at the Consulate General work in accordance with a “one-team” concept.
The Junior Innovation Officer is accountable to the head of the Innovation Department (Delhi) and the Innovation Attaché in Mumbai; and will support the Consul-General and team at the Consulate in on-going activities.
- 2 – 5 years of relevant work experience is required in an international environment
- Knowledge & experience of high-tech systems & IT, Industry 4.0, Urban development, Smart cities, or Water, Agriculture, and Health
- Experience of working together with the start-up community in India is an advantage
- An evident interest in Innovation, Science & Technology
- A general understanding of Innovation, R&D programs and projects
- A general understanding of the innovation community in India (Universities, Research institutes and Industry, government structures)
- Academic degree(s) in a scientific and/or technical domain
- The applicant will have a good network in the industry, start-ups and academia in high-tech systems & IT, Industry 4.0, Urban development, Smart cities, or Water, Agriculture, and Health.
Language and presentation skills
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and verbal) is required
- Skilled communicator and presenter (writing and oral)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to coherently plan events; to present plans to decision makers and colleagues; to implement plans and follow up on organized events
- Operate both in a team as well as independently
- positive work attitude, pleasant and cooperative, team-player
- excellent social and communication skills
- creative, problem-solving & result oriented
- Integrity & cooperation
- Enthusiastic, pro-active attitude to varying tasks and workloads
At the Consulate General of the Kingdom of The Netherlands in Mumbai, you will be working in a multi-disciplinary and dynamic environment where you will collaborate with the different teams present within the Trade Network in India. Besides Innovation, these are Trade Promotion, Investment Promotion and Education. We offer a competitive salary and a dynamic and international working environment with good secondary conditions.
The successful candidate will be offered a local contract (according to the Rrlok regulations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs). The position is full-time - 38 hours per week. The salary will be determined according to the relevant work experience of the candidate at Pay scale 7.
If you would like more information regarding the content of this position please contact Freek Jan Frerichs, Head of the Innovation Department (Delhi) at email@example.com.
Please submit your CV and cover letter through email before 26 October 2020. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Application – Junior Innovation Officer Mumbai’.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview through video conferencing. The recruitment process will also involve written exercise and reference checks.