Vacancy Senior Human Rights Officer in Kiev
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kiev is looking to fill the position of Senior Human Rights Officer, starting date 1 May 2020
Basic function of position (full time):
The embassy is a professional and dynamic organization with a motivated and enthusiastic team that accounts of 30 persons. As Senior Human Rights Officer you work with five colleagues in the political cluster of the embassy, headed directly by the Ambassador.
You are responsible for all issues related to the Human Rights Fund program (read more: http://bit.ly/nl-ua-hr). You promote the HRF program, give clarification on eligibility requirements, pre-select projects and you are responsible for the administration of the program. You are back-up for the colleagues who deal with other projects aiming at strengthening civil society in Ukraine as well as back-up for the colleagues responsible for the embassy’s cultural activities and public diplomacy.
You actively participate in activities of partner organizations in the area of human rights, you are aware of relevant developments in civil society and the reform process in Ukraine. You are focal point at the embassy for LGBTI-rights in Ukraine, as well as for the topic of HIV-AIDS.
We look for a creative, flexible and pro-active team player. A high sense of integrity and discretion is a must. The embassy conducts an active diversity policy and engages in an inclusive organization. We do this by optimally deploying and exploiting the differences of people by striving for diversity in cultural background, age, gender etc. in the composition of teams and in the quest for new talent.
- Academic background;
- Fluency (orally and in writing) in English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Vast and recent network in civil society in Ukraine;
- Analytical, networking and organisational skills;
- Experience in project management;
- Knowledge of the reform process in Ukraine;
- Ability to work with and interest in social media;
- Preferably prior experience in donor coordination;
- Preferably good contacts in cultural spheres;
- Ability to travel outside Kyiv and to work outside regular office hours.
- Flexibility and team spirit.
Application deadline: 21 February 2020
How to apply: interested applicants are invited to submit CV and motivation letter in English by email to the following email address: KIE-PA@minbuza.nl, to the attention of Ms Riny Bus,
before the 21 February.
Enquiries: by email to KIE-PA@minbuza.nl, to the attention of Ms Riny Bus.