PRIDE season in Vietnam – join the Embassy and Consulate to show our support for equal rights for all!
The Netherlands strives to promote and protect human rights for all worldwide – including for the LGBTIQ+ community! That is why the Diplomatic Network of the Netherlands in Vietnam invites all interested Dutch people & alumni in Vietnam to participate with us in the PRIDE festivals in HCMC and Hanoi to express our support for equal rights for all! We will be participating in the following public activities and hope to meet you there:
- VietPride walk: 14 September. Contact email@example.com if you would like to join the Consulate’s marching-group! @Vietpride2019 #VP19
- Preferred Pronouns exhibition: 16 – 22 September. @HIQFW @Lumiqueer @Matca
- Hanoi Pride bike rally, walking march and festival: 22 September. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the Embassy’s bike rally-group! @HanoiPride #HNP19
The VietPride Walk in HCMC
The Preferred Pronouns exhibition
Pride is about embracing inclusivity & diversity – so also transgenders! We therefore co-organise an exhibition consisting of 18 portraits of transgenders. The exhibition is a preview of the m/f/x documentary. This new documentary is about what it means to be transgender in Vietnam, Honduras and the Netherlands. It will be launched in Hanoi in October during the Hanoi International Queer Film Week and afterwards travel in the country.
While making the documentary m/f/x, filmmaker and photographer Koen Suidgeest took portraits of people who prefer to be addressed with a different pronoun than the one assigned to them at birth. This documentary and photo exhibition is a positive movement towards openness, inclusiveness, dignity and recognition. Sincere, honest and often fragile, the featured transgenders from Vietnam, the Netherlands and Honduras will leave no one untouched!
So make your PRIDE week even more meaningful and inclusive by visiting this exhibition @Matca!
- Address: 48 Ngoc Ha, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- Opening hours: 8.30 – 21.30 every day
The Preferred Pronouns photo exhibition and the m/f/x documentary screening is co-organized with @Matca and @Lumiqueer. It is supported by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Follow the Hanoi International Queer Film Week @HIQFW!