Vietnam: Call for Proposals Accountability Fund
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Vietnam has opened a new Call for Proposals for the Accountability Fund in Vietnam.
Deadline: 21 April at 5 PM (Vietnam local time)
Total remaining budget per year (2019 and 2020) for Vietnam: € 300.000,-
Program: Accountability Fund
Applicants: local Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in Vietnam
Duration of the project: 1,5 years (1 July 2019 – 31 December 2020)
The objectives of the Accountability Fund are to strengthen the role and position of local civil society organisations in their work to lobby and advocate to give a voice to those that have been the least involved in the developments in a country. The specific areas of work to achieve this are determined by the implementing Embassy.
Focus and criteria for this Call for Proposals
Organizations applying for funding for this Call for Proposals for the Accountability Fund in Vietnam must ensure that their proposals comply with the following baseline criteria:
- The Accountability Fund is meant for local non-profit CSOs, although collaboration with Dutch CSOs is possible.
- Only local CSOs are eligible to apply. Ensuring local ownership and legitimacy is important.
- The project is specifically aimed at strengthening local CSOs, representing groups that are hard to reach and/or are marginalized. Especially those who are engaged with the strengthening of minority groups and development in the rural areas are given priority.
- The proposed activities must aim to strengthen the lobbying and advocacy capacity of local CSOs. The fund cannot be used to finance service delivery activities.
- This call for proposals for the Accountability Fund in Vietnam has the following thematic priorities: strengthening the lobbying and advocacy capacity of local CSOs in Vietnam on …
- Natural resource rights; especially land rights and the right to water.
- Responsible Business Conduct with a particular eye for environmental protection and biodiversity and/or the fight again corruption.
- Freedom of expression – both online and offline; with a focus on especially political participation (particularly of women and youth) and independent and critical-constructive media.
- Proposals from local women’s rights organisations are very welcome.
- The activity duration is 1,5 years (1 July 2019 – 31 December 2020) and strategic to prevent fragmentation of funds.
- Considering the total amount available for Vietnam, the maximum amount per individual activity is set at EUR 100.000,- per year. The minimum amount per individual activity is set at EUR 75.000,- per year.
How to apply
Does your organization work to raise the voice of marginalized groups in Vietnam, and do you strive to build an inclusive, sustainable future in Vietnam where everybody can enjoy the same rights? Then the Kingdom of the Netherlands is looking to support you!
The deadline for the submission of proposals is 21 April at 5 PM (Vietnam local time). Only applications that use the application format will be considered. Applications must be send to the following e-mail address: email@example.com, attn. Second Secretary.