The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Tirana is looking for a local Senior Officer Security/Stability
The senior officer will be working in close cooperation with the Regional Security Coordinator for the Western Balkans in Sarajevo, the Regional Stability Coordinator for the Western Balkans in Skopje, and as part of a regional network of Security and Stability officers in Dutch Embassies in the Western Balkans.
- Monitoring developments related to CT, P/CVE, societal polarization, inter-ethnic tensions, inter-state/regional tensions, influence of external actors, cross-border crime in Albania relevant for Security and Stability;
- Supporting the Regional Stability Coordinator (based in Skopje) and the Regional Security Coordinator (in Sarajevo) in policy implementation and logistically when necessary;
- Preparing briefs and speaking notes and drafting high quality reports;
- Maintaining a professional network with Albanian institutions, civil society and international actors;
- Representing the Dutch Embassy in Security and Stability related meetings and conferences;
- Identifying and assessing funding proposals for (NGO/academic) projects in the areas of Security and Stability.
- University degree in security studies, political sciences, law, (public) administration or related fields and a broad interest covering inter alia international relations, (geo)politics.
- At least three years of relevant work experience in the field of (international) security, law enforcement or in the judicial sector.
- Knowledge of the local government and institutional framework, as well as of local civil society.
- Good communication skills.
- Networker and team player: establishes and maintains contacts in a broad field of stakeholders and relevant actors; maintains a positive, constructive attitude and understands that our work is a group effort that can only succeed if everyone takes responsibility for their part.
- Good computer and information technology skills.
- Good knowledge of local language(s) and English, also in writing.
- Previous working experience in an international environment, as well as knowledge of the EU and NATO institutional framework is a plus.
- Project management experience and knowledge of the Dutch language is a plus.
A fixed term contract will be offered for one year, which may be renewed in 2020.
In case of interest, please send your CV and application letter in English, exclusively to TIR-CDP@minbuza.nl before 31 January 2019 close of business. Please mention “Application Senior Officer Security/Stability” in the subject field.