Myanmar: second call for proposals Human Rights Fund
The Ministry of the Kingdom of the Netherlands has launched a second Call for Proposals for the Human Rights Fund. The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands has country-specific drawing rights to the global Human Rights Fund (HRF) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The fund has been used for activities in Myanmar since 2005. Since the beginning of 2016 the Embassy in Yangon is now in charge of the HRF portfolio.
Deadline: 30 September 2018 at 5 PM (Myanmar local time)
Total budget for this second round: € 650,000
Programme: Human Rights Fund
Applicants: local and international NGOs in Myanmar
Human Rights Fund
The Human Rights Fund’s objectives are to identify strategic priorities for Human Rights engagement, find suitable local and international partners for this work, and set up projects with these partners based on the identified thematic priorities.
In 2018-2019 the Embassy continues to focus implementation of the Fund on the following priority areas:
- freedom of expression (including press freedom and HR defenders);
- freedom of religion and belief;
- rights of minority groups (including rights of the LGBTI community and marginalized people);
- the area of business and human rights. Statelessness, hate speech, and gender will be cross-cutting themes.
Focus and criteria
- Local and international NGOs are eligible to apply. Ensuring local ownership and legitimacy is important.
- The proposed activities must aim at promoting human rights and strengthening civil society in Myanmar.
- See the above-mentioned four priority areas.
- Strategic approach: in the interest of complementarity, the activities should align with other activities carried out by the Embassy and other donors as much as possible. Priority should be given to multi-year financing, in order to avoid fragmentation.
- There is no minimum amount that can be awarded for an individual activity, yet considering the total amount per annum the maximum amount is set at € 100,000.
How to apply
Does your organization work to promote human rights in Myanmar and do you strive to strengthen civil society? Then the Kingdom of the Netherlands is looking to support you!
The deadline for the submission of proposals is 30 September 2018 at 5 PM (Myanmar local time).
Only applications that use the ‘Template Application Form’ will be considered.
Applications must be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, attn. Ms Linda van der Horst.