Vacancy: Senior Trade and Investment Officer in the Economic Affairs section at the Consulate General in Bangalore, India
The Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Bangalore, India invites applications for the position of Senior Trade and Investment Officer at its Economic Affairs section.
The position needs to be filled by 1 October 2018.
Application deadline: September 11, 2018
The candidate has a solid knowledge of the so-called Dutch Top sectors and is able to translate such knowledge into concrete trade and investment opportunities within the resort of the Consulate General.
Apart from being able to interact in general terms about the strengths of the Dutch economy, our candidate will have a leading role in advancing the Dutch agenda in a few selected sectors, i.e. IT, life sciences and health, water, agriculture and related fields.
Our candidate has a thorough knowledge of and interest in macro trends in the Indian economy, the Indian private sector, major corporate players and the strength and weaknesses of India’s small and medium sized enterprises.
Our candidate must have demonstrable experience in dealing with Indian ministries and other (semi-) governmental organizations. He/she has a more than general interest in and knowledge of political developments in India as a whole as well as in those States that form the resort of the Consulate General: Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andra Pradesh.
Other features of the role of a Senior Trade & Investment officer are:
- Provide Dutch businesses and institutions with information, draft clear and succinct replies to trade information request from Dutch companies, be it our multinationals but also our SME’s;
- Analyse economic developments on macro level as well as on (sub)sectoral level, be able to draft succinct sectoral market reports;
- Work with Dutch companies to formulate their India strategy;
- Analyse proposals for funding initiatives using Dutch (and Indian) financial instruments;
- Engage with parties to resolve commercial disputes within the constraints that the Consulate has as a governmental institution;
- Organise incoming and out-going delegations at governmental and private sector level. Plan and execute G2G visiting programs, B2B matchmaking events, trade fairs, seminars, workshops, etc.
The positon is vacant per 1 October 2018 and should be filled as soon as possible.
Our candidate is a teamplayer with a thorough economic/commercial background and a good sense of humor. He/she needs no prompting to proactively take up initiatives helping Dutch companies to gain a foothold on the Indian market both in terms of investment and trading opportunities. S/he is hands-on, is willing to roll-up her/his sleeves and does not shirk away from the nitty-gritty of organizing events, incoming and outgoing delegations, etc. Work is usually between 9 and 5, but during visits of delegations we work evenings and weekends as well. At the core of the job is the ability to create meaningful Indo-Dutch partnerships. Hence, we are looking for a candidate who is able to build strong relationships within government and the corporate sector, has an eye for spotting opportunities and is able to leverage them to the advantage of Dutch companies. Our candidate is an excellent networker and feels at ease both in an Indian as well as in a western/Dutch corporate and governmental culture.
Duties and result areas
Description of duties:
- Assist Dutch companies in finding business partners in India
- Organizing of programs for incoming Dutch trade mission to India
- Preparation of sectoral reports to attract Dutch companies to Indian markets
- Organizing seminars and trade fairs
- Liaise with branch organizations and chamber of commerce to partner with to achieve common goals
Description of result areas:
- Strong relationships and a wide network;
- Meticulous planning and organization of missions, commercial match-making, seminars and orientation tours;
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken;
- High integrity work profile;
- Timely delivery of well executed market scans or potential partner scans;
- Well organized meetings with relevant background information provided;
- Owing to the limited size of the Consulate General, the ability to replace any colleague in the consulate in any field at any time.
The main geographic focus of work is Karnataka, but we cover the entire Indian South. The consulate operates as one commercial-economic-public diplomacy team: one senior trade and investment officer, one Netherlands Foreign investment officer, one Innovation attaché, four NUFFIC-NESO education officers, an admin officer and a driver, and led by the Consul-General and his deputy.
- Higher education at a graduate level or beyond with a good understanding of economic and commercial principles.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer system and programs (Microsoft office).
- Fluency in English and Kannada, both written and spoken. Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the Indian economy, industrial sectors, leading companies in the different sectors, opportunities each sector offers.
- A pro-active work attitude and the ability to work alone and in teams.
- General knowledge of governmental (economic) policy.
More information about this job opening:
Gert Heijkoop, Consul-general:
Applications via email@example.com
Application deadline: September 11, 2018