Netherlands – Korea Business Event 2018
Are you interested in doing business with South Korea, one of the world’s most innovative, high tech economies and the 2nd export market for the Netherlands in Asia? Join our event on June 26 in Zoetermeer.
In 2018, the focus of the economic cooperation with Korea is ‘smart’ and ‘sustainable’. This aligns very well with the new economic policy of President Moon and related business opportunities for Dutch and Korean parties. It also illustrates the importance of high-tech and innovation in all sectors and invites Dutch companies and knowledge institutes providing smart and sustainable products, technologies and/or expertise to explore business cooperation with partners from Korea.
The Netherlands – Korea Business Event 2018 is a unique opportunity for Dutch companies to gain knowledge on doing business in Korea and make new business contacts. Dutch and Korean experts from the private sector, the Korean embassy in The Hague and the Netherlands embassy in Seoul will inform you on:
- The economic developments under President Moon Jae In in Korea.
- Business opportunities, in particular for:
- Smart Industry (Electronics components: semiconductors, displays, and batteries. ICT: 5G, Blockchain, AI)
- Smart Farming (Smart solutions for horticulture and livestock)
- Smart Cities (Autonomous vehicles, urban regeneration, sustainable cities, smart healthcare and internet of things)
- Support from the Dutch government and business associations for Dutch companies in Korea
- Experiences of Dutch companies in Korea
The smart sectors that are central points of this event will also be the focus of trade missions to Korea scheduled for the second half of this year.
Program (will be updated)
14-15h: Registration and speed dating with embassy staff (on appointment)
15-16h: Plenary session
- Korean ambassador to the Netherlands, Mr. Lee Yun Young
- Netherlands deputy ambassador to Korea, Mrs. Ruth Emmerink
16-17h: Parallel sessions led by the embassy of the Netherlands in Seoul. Each session includes a talk by the embassy staff member, testimonials from two Dutch companies and a Q&A.
- Smart industry (led by mr. Joo-Won Lee)
- Smart farming (led by mr. Hojin Kang)
- Smart cities (led by mrs. Jeong Eun Ha)
- Info market : general info on business in Korea, government support, the EU – Korea FTA, IP and more
17-18h: Speed dating with embassy staff (on appointment)
17-18h30: Networking reception
You can register for the event via this link. The deadline for registration is June 15. In the registration form you have the opportunity to sign for a speed date session with one of our embassy staff members. Speed date appointments are first come first served.
The event will be held at FME, Zilverstraat 69, 2718 RP Zoetermeer.
The event is organized by the Netherlands Embassy in cooperation with FME and NL in Business, with support of VNO-NCW, MKB Nederland and RVO.
For questions please contact the Netherlands Embassy in Seoul,